Tuesday, May 18, 2010

An observation

Ivy and Story used to hate taking their nightly dose of Zyrtec. My husband created a comfortable, supportive routine in which they can take the medicine.

First, I give them each a small cup with the dose in it and a sippy cup of Kool-Aid. Then, Daddy will coax them into taking their medicine followed by a drink from the sippy cup. The entire time, the girls used to be crying and begging not to have to take their medicine.

Now, it's like a contest to see who can take it the fastest. Daddy says, "Go!" and the both tip the medicine cups into their mouths, trying to swallow the medicine as fast as they can. Almost simultaneously they slam their medicine cups on the coffee table, grab their sippy cups with the other hand and suck down some kool-aid before they can taste their medicine. Then, they get and give "high-fives" to each other and us.

Does this sound like a certain type of behavior to you? I'm a little worried about sending them off to college one day......

2 comments:

Brandy said...

I'm pretty sure I saw more than one round of that in the Morehead student ghetto, and the SAE house... I think I may have participated...

Good luck!!!

EN said...

I love it! I have flashes of the future after Jacob and I down our shot of Vemma each morning! I figure one parents weekend we'll be doing shots again!