Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Belly buttons

Ivy has this annoying habit of pulling on her belly button. It makes me worried that she's causing herself to have an outie, which is horror upon horror. Outies are gross.

And I can't stand belly buttons. I don't like mine; I don't like to watch people touch theirs.

I mean, I cringed typing that.

And she always pushes her underwear waaaay down underneath it. It annoys me. When she puts on her tights for ballet, they are long enough to go up to her armpits, but she pushes them down below her belly button. This causes her leotard to pooch out, which in turn causes her little skirt to stick out, too. My daughter goes to ballet with a beer belly.

Tonight when I put Story's panties on after her bath, I pulled them all the way up. She said, "No, Mommy. I like Ivy," and pushed them down...below her belly button. Then, she pulled on it. I almost puked.

I seriously hope this is not God's way of causing me to relax about belly buttons. It ain't happening.

What are the odds that I would have TWO kids to irritate my belly button issues?

No comments: