Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Body parts

One day Ivy and I were talking about how much she talks. I said,

Ivy, you have two ears and one mouth. God wants to you to listen more than He wants you to talk.

Ivy: So, why do I have two eyes?

Me: Um, so you can look more than you talk.

Insert pause.

Ivy: Mommy, why do I have two arms?

Me: So you can hug...more...

Ivy: But, Mommy, I have two legs.

Me: Well, it would be hard to hop everywhere.

Ivy: But I only have one nose. Should I smell less than I see?

Me: Um...

Ivy: I guess I have two holes in my nose.

Me: Yes, you do.

Ivy: I have ten fingers.

Me: Actually you have eight fingers and two thumbs.

Ivy: Thumbs aren't fingers?

Me: No.

Ivy: Why?

Me: Because they're not.

Ivy: And I only have one belly button.Why? And why is it called a belly button?

Me: Because it's like a button. On your belly.

Ivy: But it doesn't button anything.

Me: You're right.

Ivy: So, why?

Me: Ivy, I don't know.

Ivy: I don't like my panties on my belly button.

Me: No one does.

Ivy: Not even God?

Me: IVY...God doesn't have a belly button.

Ivy: Why? How do you know?

Me: Dinnertime!!

No comments: