Monday, May 3, 2010

Abby and the Nighttime of Poo

I have a dog named Abby. She is an eight and a half year old Golden Retriever. She's incredibly low maintenance (almost making up for the 2 years she was more maintanence than a houseful of kids).

Last night, she nuzzled under my arm at three AM, urging me to let her out. I did it in  daze, and plopped straight back into bed. I must have let her in again without realizing it because when I woke up, she was there.

And there was dog puke. On my rug. I have an unusually strong stomach, but I really hate dog puke.

I cleaned it up, disposed of it, and checked on her. She was laying in front of the couch and seemed pretty sick. But she's a dog, and I can't hold her in my lap and rock her, so I decided to pour some coffee and salvage what was left mf my workout time.

The kitchen smelled eerily like poop. I looked all around, and never saw any, so I shrugged it off and lit a candle. Suddenly, Abby sprang up and rushed to the door. Thinking she needed to puke again, I set the cup down on the counter and ran to get the door.

As I approached the door, I slid in something icky. It was scary...I could smell the poop odor again, and my foot was slimy, but if I just ignored it, would it go away? I realized it wouldn't, so I looked down slowly and saw.....

Diarrhea. The exact color of my hardwood floor. Yuck. If there's one thing I hate worse than dog puke it's doggy diarrhea. Especially at 5 AM.

I spent 20 minutes cleaning it up, and then another 10 scrubbing three layers of skin off of my foot.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the poop fairy has struck your house, it seems a lot of your posts lately are addressing someone's poo in your house....

tracee227 said...

You could say we are full of it? :)

Unknown said...

I coulda told you that before! ;)