Saturday, May 8, 2010

My daughters' first love

My children are in love. With a man. An older man.

No, it's not Daddy. It's a fellow band director. We'll call him Matt...because that's his name.

Over a year ago, we were homeless. We had sold our house, but our new one wouldn't be ready for six weeks. So,we lived with a friend for three weeks, and then we moved in with Matt and his wife for three weeks.

The girls loved Matt. He and my husband would get in about the same time, and they would say, "Hi, Daddy. MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" They'd rush Matt, hug his legs and not leave him alone until I forced them to go to bed.

When we moved out, I thought they would forget about Matt. Then, we saw him at a distance during a band concert. We were up on a balcony abovve the crowd. When Ivy spotted him, she yelled, "Mommy, there's MATT!!" Story chanted, "Matt! Matt! Matt! Matt!" all through the concert. You think the children of two band directors would have more respect for a concert?

This weekend is no different. My kids have been spotting him all over the hotel, making sure to point him out to us.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

This wouldn't be Matt Moon, would it? Keep the blogs coming, it's the highlight of my day...

tracee227 said...

Haha, thank you Brandy!

Oh, and I can't reveal the secret band director...(but I am pretty sure you are right LOL)