Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WHAT????

Ivy TALKS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME.

She can't seem to be quiet. Ever.

I thought she might have a hearing problem, but she seems to hear everything I whisper to anyone but her just fine. Of course, she's got this memory thing where she doesn't remember hearing me whisper uuntil the exact moment which for her to repeat it would be extremely embarrassing.

She talks in a shout. She shouts in a scream. And when she screams....I am deafened.

Why? Why is it that she can't seem to speak in a normal voice? Or at least stop talking for a few seconds to breathe. Now that I think about it, she is so loud and she never stops to take in air. It must be some kind of supernatural power.

Just this evening she was shouting at me as I ate my dinner and attempted to watch The Office (a favorite time for her to shout). I left the room and went into the bedroom to change clothes, and she never ceased. She did, however, get louder. I tried to shout over her, "I am in the bedroom! Stop talking to me! I will be back in a minute!" But there was no way I was getting heard over her.

I am starting to see why Story pinches her all the time.

2 comments:

Becky Jo said...

Seriously, did they learn this in the nursery at day care together or what? Sarah cannot, I repeat, cannot whisper. Everything is so loud and annoying. When she was a baby and would wake in the middle of the night crying, the neighbor's dog (down the hill and across the road) would start howling. Mind you, she was inside the house. It is deafening. I feel your pain, girl.

tracee227 said...

Okay, at least I know it is not just me!!!!! LOL Yeah, they had to have learned this together!!!!