Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Story's potty saga

Last night, Story pooped in the potty. Tonight before dinner she did it again, and came to get me both times. It was a good thing.

After her bath tonight, she apparently pooped again, but she didn't come and get me. Ivy did. She said, "Mommy, Story's poop looks weird." (This in the uber-loud sing-song voice).

I ran to the bathroom and saw Story standing in the hallway totally clothed (in the tutu, too). I gingerly looked in the tiny potty and saw......diarrhea. I am not prepared to deal with potty training diarrhea....

Then, I remembered what I just saw. "Story, did you wipe yourself?" I asked. She looked at me like I was stupid, and said , "No." Ivy added (in the very loud tattle tale voice), "Mooooommy, Story didn't wipe herself!"

So, I dragged her back in the bathroom, pulled the pants down hoping for the best, and got prepared for the worst with the wipes at my side. I neglected to notice the open jello cup in her hand.

When I yanked the panties down, the jello fell out of her hands, and in a slow motion tumble, fell on the bathroom floor where tiny pieces of red gelatin exploded from their plastic cup onto white tile, white sink cabinet, and Mommy.

Yuck. Poop and jello.

I cleaned everything, and in a moment of absence of the mind, I threw the wipes into the toilet where Ivy had just dumped the diarrhea.....and in case, you don't know, wipes cannot be flushed. So, in a move I am embarrassed to be recounting on the internet, I reached in and pulled the wipes out of the toilet, and tossed them into the trash can. As I was scalding my hands (which is becoming a daily occurrence), Ivy started yelling, "Mommy!!! WHY is there jello in the toilet?!?!?!?!" You know, a question that cannot possibly be answered in my state of mind.

No comments: