Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Letter to my Shark

Dear Shark Steam Mop,

You have been a faithful friend. I am sorry I have been neglecting you.

When my neighbor recommended you to me, I have to admit, I was skeptical. She said you would make my floors shiny with little to no effort, and that you were very clean, easy, and safe for my children.

I went to buy you at the store, and the first time I used you, I fell in love with you. You were so much easier than spraying a 4x4 square of wood with Bruce Hardwood floor cleaner and scrubbing it repeatedly with a mop. I just filled your little water tank with the funnel, and viola! You were ready to go.

You and I used to spend quality time together once a week while we worked as a team to erase paw prints, kool-aid spills, ketchup, pictures done in marker, and cat puke from the floors.

Sadly, the past month, we've not been able to see each other. You hang there in the laundry room, lonely except for the dustmop while I flit around, go on field trips, teach lessons, and take care of the kids. I thought we might be able to chill again together this evening, but alas, I was only able to hang with the dustmop.

In the meantime, my floors are also feeling neglected. I know there are watercolor paintings in my breakfast nook, some suspicious looking spots left by cats in the dining room, and muddy tracks leading from the front door to the dog bowl.

(Speaking of the dog bowl, the stains around it are amazing. I'm not even sure you can handle it without major assistance. I'm thinking of removing and relaying the tiles.)

I promise, though, Shark, that sometime before Thanksgiving, you and I will reunite. We'll spend double the time together when we do (because it will take double the time to chisel the crud we've accumulated on the floor).

Please don't forget me because I have not forgotten you! (And anything you can do to assist our relationship, such as accumulate some super powers in cleaning or learn how to dust as well as mop would be appreciated.)

Yours truly,

Tracee

No comments: