Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Guess What

Some days, Ivy gets a weird verbal tic where she has to say "Guess what?" thirty times before she's allowed to say anything else.....

Ivy in the car today after the doctor's office:

IVY: Mommy?
ME: What?
IVY: Guess what?
*I pause as I wait for her to tell me "what."
IVY: Mommy!!
ME: What?
IVY: I said guess what!
*Another dramatic pause as I waited.
IVY: MOMMY!!!!
ME: What?
IVY: Guessssss WHAT!
*Still waiting.
IVY: Mommy Tracee!!!!!
ME: What?????
IVY: I said "guess what" and you didn't say anything!!
ME: I was waiting on you to tell me 'what.'
IVY: But, Mommy, when I say "Guess what" you're supposed to guess what I'm going to say.
ME: How can I guess? I don't know what you're going to say.
IVY: (in a stage whisper) When I say "Guess what," you just say, "What?" Okay?
ME: Sure.
IVY: Mommy?
ME: Yes, Ivy.
IVY: Guess what!
ME: WHAT?
*Silence.
ME: Ivy, what????
IVY: Welllllll........Oh, I forgot.

2 comments:

Stories From the Attic said...

C'mon Mommy Tracee! Get it together and start guessing! Or just say, "Chicken butt." Guess what? LOVE this. Thank u!

MichelleB said...

Sounds like you need a brick wall to slam your head against too. :-)

I like the other comment too. Just start guessing random things. That's what I do sometimes when the kids say "Guess what" It completely throws them off. Gotta say something completely off the wall though to make them think a second.