Friday, July 30, 2010

To work out or sit out, that is the question...

Every morning, I face a difficult decision....do I work out?

After I pour my cup of coffee and sip it quietly while reading my book for approximately five minutes....and then the most pivotal point of my morning arrives.

On one hand, if I work out, then I will have a much better day. I'll have more energy, a better attitude, and I'll be less likely to eat my young in a fit of rage.

On the other hand, my workout clothes are all the way in my closet....and working out takes almost an hour. This hour could be much better spent sitting on the couch with my coffee and reading. Or doing dishes. Or watching whatever's on USA.

When I decide not to exercise, I end up being a total slacker. (Anyone who knows me also knows how I abhor not doing anything). I sit on the couch, I watch TV, I am a total bump on a log. The children stay in their pajamas until we have to go somewhere, or it's time to put on new pajamas. We almost don't eat breakfast or lunch because I can't hardly get up the energy to make either one.

However, if I exercise, I zip through the house cleaning up things as I go. I make breakfast before the kids are awake, lunch is already planned, and every bed gets made, every kid is clothed, every tooth is brushed. If we have to go anywhere, we end up being early.

So, why wouldn't I suck it up and exercise everyday? I do most days....but sometimes I need a break. And didn't you hear me? My workout clothes are all the way in my closet!!!

No comments: