Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Conversations

The holidays are sure to bring out the interesting comments from my little angels. Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!


ME: Ivy, today is Jesus's birthday. Make sure you kneel down and say, "Happy birthday, baby Jesus!" And then say a prayer.
IVY: But Mommy, Jesus isn't a baby anymore.
ME: Well, no...
**Ivy kneels down**
IVY: Happy birthday, big old Jesus....


ME: Story, if you eat one piece of turkey, I'll give you a dollar.
**She considers**
STORY: No.
ME: Two dollars?
STORY: No.
ME: What about five dollars? That'll buy you a good toy!
**She considers again**
STORY: No, Mommy, that's chicken feet! (I think she meant chicken feed?)


IVY and STORY in car: One palm tree...two palm trees...three palm trees..
PAPPY: Why don't you guys count those palm trees to yourself?
STORY: Shucks. I can't count.


**on the plane**
ME: Okay, Ivy, we're in the air, you can let go of my hand now, I think I'll be okay.
**Ivy studies my face for a second**
IVY: No, I don't think I should let you go yet. You don't look okay.


STORY: There's McDonald's!
GRANDMA: Yes, but McDonald's is closed today.
STORY: McDonald's closed???
GRANDMA: Yes, because it's Christmas!
**Story's eyes get really big and she looks at the dark McDonald's in awe**
STORY: Wow.


**At a grilling party on the beach that we pass, some men in Santa hats give Ivy and Story candy canes. In the car, they start to open them.
ME: Hey, guys? Those are going to taste like mint! Are you sure you want to eat them?
IVY: Yes, Mommy, we like mint!
STORY: I like mint.
ME: Okay....
**ten seconds later, I hear spitting sounds behind me**
IVY: Yuck! yuck! Mommy! That's peppermint!!!
STORY: Ew, Mommy!
ME: Girls, I tried to tell you.
IVY: You didn't say it was peppermint! That's so gross!
ME: Mint? Peppermint? Get it?
IVY: Ugh.
STORY: My tongue is cold. Yucky.

No comments: